Last Updated on June 1, 2023 by Kapuluan
Coconut oil works. And it’s suitable for a ton of things. Plain and simple.
For years, coconut oil has had a bad name, lumped in with unhealthy saturated fats. As a result, people steered away from it and other high-fat foods. The problem with throwing coconut oil in the same category as butter, margarine, and shortening is this oil is far healthier than it appears. This is because the saturated fats in coconut oil come from medium-chain triglycerides. These shorter fat chains are quickly used by the body and are not simply stored away as fat.
This means coconut oil boosts energy levels, raises good cholesterol, and balances out blood sugar without weight gain, cholesterol, and other health risks from other saturated or trans fats.
Coconut oil doesn’t stop there.
It’s antimicrobial, antioxidant, antifungal, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-parasitic, and antiviral. It also aids in the absorption of vitamins and minerals. These immune-boosting properties make it the perfect oil to use in a million ways.
35 Best Uses of Coconut Oil
1. Massage Oil – Coconut oil soothes tired and sore muscles. It’s an easily absorbed oil that won’t make you break out like some massage oils.
2. Athletes’ Foot – The powerful antifungal properties of coconut oil make it perfect for any fungal infection. Add a few drops of oregano or tea tree oil for more antifungal power.
3. Cleanser – Coconut oil makes an effective and gentle cleanser to remove the day’s grime.
4. Lice – Coconut oil kills lice while softening your hair.
5. Stretch Marks – Prevent and soften stretch marks from pregnancy with coconut oil for soft and supple skin.
6. Moisturizer – Coconut oil is an excellent way to soften and hydrate dry, rough, or damaged skin.
7. Face Scrub – Mix coconut oil with baking soda, sugar, cinnamon, and oatmeal for the perfect face scrub and exfoliator.
8. Dandruff – Massage coconut oil into the scalp to ease symptoms of dandruff, both itching and flaking.
9. Curb Appetite – Take a spoonful before meals to curb appetite while giving you a nutrient boost.
10. Wrinkles – Rub into lines, creases, and wrinkles to rehydrate skin and soften those wrinkles away.
11. Lip Balm – Coconut oil hydrates and protects lips.
12. Cold Sores – Coconut oil has antiviral properties that will help the body get rid of the virus that causes cold sores. Take daily to prevent or rub on when needed.
13. Pet Health – Coconut oil can do many things for pets, both topically and internally. It improves breath, makes for a shiny coat, eases joint problems, cleans ears, removes fleas, and much more.
14. Earaches – Earaches, swimmer’s ear, and ear infections clear up fast with a few drops of coconut oil mixed with garlic.
15. Cradle Cap – Coconut oil is gentle and safe for infants and helps ease the itching, pain, redness, and flaking associated with cradle cap.
16. Diaper Rash – Coconut oil can help heal mild diaper rash gently and effectively.
17. Age Spots – Coconut oil benefits any skin blemish. Use it to help fade age spots with powerful antioxidants.
18. Shaving Cream – Coconut oil keeps the razor gliding smoothly while leaving skin smooth, soft, and packed with moisture.
19. After Shave – Don’t want unpleasant bumps and rashes? Coconut oil soothes sensitive skin and promotes healing.
20. Toothpaste – Mix 1 part coconut oil with 1 part baking soda and add a couple of drops of peppermint oil. This makes a refreshing, natural toothpaste that whitens and cleans without added preservatives, fluoride, sweeteners, or other chemicals.
21. Lubricant – Coconut makes an all-natural personal lubricant for intimate moments without chemicals. Still, it should not be used with condoms as oils tend to compromise the integrity of your protection.
22. Makeup Remover – Coconut oil removes oil-based makeup easily, like mascara. It cleans, hydrates, and makes skin glow.
23. Conditioner – Coconut oil conditions, strengthens, and repairs hair. Massage it in and rinse it out after ten minutes. A small amount can be rubbed into dry hair to tame frizz.
24. Polish Furniture – Coconut oil gives a protective shine to wood furniture. Just ensure you test it out on a small area to ensure you like the outcome.
25. Energy – Coconut oil and its medium chain triglycerides make it an excellent energy source to improve stamina endurance or boost you throughout the day.
26. Deodorant – Mix coconut oil with cornstarch, baking soda, and your favorite essential oils for a natural deodorant that smells fantastic.
27. Eye Cream – Reduce puffiness and dark circles with a few dabs of coconut oil.
28. Eczema – Coconut oil reduces the itchiness, pain, flakiness, and dryness of eczema, psoriasis, and dermatitis.
29. Sunburn – Coconut oil can help prevent sunburn for short exposures. When you burn, it will also speed healing and take some of the stings away. Please wait until all the heat has dissipated before applying it, or trap the heat in. Wait 24 to 72 hours, depending on the extent of the burn.
30. Toothaches – Coconut oil eases the pain and strengthens teeth. Mix it with a drop of clove oil to almost instantly relieve pain.
31. Nursing – Coconut oil works great to repair dry, cracked skin, including sore nipples from nursing.
32. Alzheimer’s – Some research points to coconut oil to slow the progression of or prevent Alzheimer’s and dementia.
33. Bones – Coconut oil aids the body in absorbing calcium and magnesium. Both minerals are essential for strong bones and teeth.
34. Fitness – Coconut oil boosts energy, increases metabolism, improves thyroid function, and aids healthy weight loss. It is the perfect addition to any workout or fitness regimen. Sunwarrior’s Warrior Blend includes medium-chain triglycerides from coconut oil to raise energy levels, increase stamina during workouts, and speed recovery and healing after exercise.
35. Cooking – Coconut oil doesn’t form harmful by-products like most other oils and animal fats when heated. Use it to replace butter and cup for cup in recipes. Sauté, cook, bake, broil, braise, and more using coconut oil as a healthier alternative.