Coconut oil DIY lip balm is some of the best you can use for your personal care. Even though you can apply coconut oil directly on your lips for instant hydration, a lip balm is certainly one of the easiest beauty creations you can do at home.
You probably have just about everything you need to make your lip balm, customized to your tastes and preferences. There’s no need to get anything or too much extra, likely some beeswax and some containers. Best of all, you won’t have to buy some commercial lip balm that likely has artificial emollients or additives.
Making DIY coconut oil your lip balm will also give you the added benefits of antifungal and anti-microbial agents. These will help to ward off harmful disease and boost your immunity.
Lip Balm Is For Everyone
Chapped, dry lips are a common problem. It’s more of an issue for anyone living in colder, drier climates. But it can also wreak havoc for warm weather locals, because constant sun exposure can damage the sensitive skin on the lips. Contrary to common belief, licking your lips will only dry them out. That’s because your saliva takes away moisture, not add it. Some prescription and over-the-counter medications may cause chapping.
For these reasons, everybody can benefit from using lip balm, especially one made from all natural, raw organic coconut oil. It’s something that will help those who have constantly chapped lips or ones that have become so dry, they start cracking and bleeding.
You certainly don’t want that problem, especially when you want luscious, kissable lips that enhance your beauty. Here are some homemade lip balms that will help you achieve just that.
Basic Coconut Oil DIY Lip Balm
From The Coconut Mama: This is a straightforward homemade lip balm, with just three ingredients. beeswax, red palm or olive oil and naturally, coconut oil. This is a can’t-be-any-simpler recipe, whenever you need to pamper your lips.
- Beeswax – 1 tablespoon
- Red Palm or Olive Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Raw Organic Coconut Oil – 1 tablespoon
- 1. Heat all the ingredients together in a double broiler over low heat.
- 2. Mix it all together thoroughly.
- 3. Pour it carefully into a heat-proof storage container.
- 4. Cool before using, and store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Vanilla-Coconut Oil Lip Balm
From The Radiant Life blog: There’s something wonderfully comforting about vanilla. Maybe it brings your back to baking in your kitchen or tasting ice cream on a sweltering summer day. But including some vanilla flavor in coconut oil DIY lip balm is always a great idea.
While this creation includes pure vanilla extract, it includes a handy formula to personalize the lip balm the way you want it. It’s similar to the recipe listed directly above: combine one part oil, one part beeswax and one part solid fat (butters). Then add your favorite scent with a few drops of essential oils.
Keeping that in mind, you can now make this irresistible coconut and vanilla-infused lip balm.
- 2 tablespoons Mango Butter or Coconut Butter (or a combination of both)
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Raw Organic Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoons Beeswax
- Empty lip balm containers
- Mason jar or Pyrex glass measuring cup
- Small pot or saucepan
- 1. Carefully chop up or grate all the solid ingredients and place them in a mason jar or glass Pyrex measuring cup.
- 2. Add the coconut oil.
- 3. Heat up water in a small pot or saucepan on medium-low heat .
- 4. Place the jar or cup in the water and occasionally stir the mixture. Make sure the water doesn’t boil into the mixture.
- 5. Melt all ingredients completely, then remove the pan from the heat.
- 6. Add and mix in the vanilla extract. The glass container will be hot, so handle it carefully.
- 7. Pour the mixture into lip balm containers, and place them in the refrigerator to set them faster.
Lip Balm with Coconut Oil, Lavender, and Honey
Here’s another from Tiffany at Coconut Mama. Like other DIY beauty care products, this concoction sounds good enough to eat. But it’ll probably work best to revitalize your lips than to have as a snack.
- 3 tablespoons Raw Organic Coconut Oil
- ½ teaspoon Raw Honey
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Almond Oil,
- 2 tablespoons Beeswax Pastilles (pellets)
- 20 drops of Essential Lavender Oil
- Empty lip balm containers
- 1. Take the lids off the lip balm containers and stand them upright and secure them with a rubber band wrapped around them.
- 2. Heat and melt the beeswax and coconut oil together in a double broiler, then remove from the stove.
- 3. Stir in the lavender oil, sweet almond oil, and honey.
- 4. Pour the mixture into the tubes, then leave it to set and cap the containers.
These are just a few suggestions for your own coconut oil DIY lip balm. Get creative and make one that will rival the best ones out there.
JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM