We’ve put together a really easy DIY coconut oil charcoal eye liner that only uses a few natural products that are great for your skin and it only takes a few minutes to make!
- 2 TSP Raw Organic Coconut Oil
- 4 TSP Aloe Vera Gel
- 2 Capsules Activated Charcoal Powder
- 1. Mix all ingredients together
- 2 Place in sterilized and airtight container
- 3. Apply as needed
DIY Coconut Oil Charcoal Eye Liner to Replace All Toxic Ones
Unlike the DIY coconut oil charcoal eye liner recipe, eyeliner commonly contains toxic heavy metals which are all known to be harmful or even cancer-causing, according to EmaxHealth.
Though these metals are not always added to the products deliberately, being primarily by-products of the manufacturing process or contaminants of raw materials, companies do not reveal their presence on labels. As of June 2014, consumers have no way of knowing what chemicals are in their cosmetics.
These dangerous metals accumulate in the body over time, as they are absorbed through the skin, and are associated with health problems ranging from headaches, nausea and vomiting to cancer, neurological problems, memory loss and reproductive problems.
Most eyeliners are made up of thickeners, such as wax, and plastic film formers that deposit the pigment onto the eyelid. Film formers can be acrylic polymers and PVP (polyvinylpyrrolidone), classified by Environment Canada as a medium health priority. Aluminum and bronze powders, which can cause cancer and are toxic to the nervous system, are used for color in some eyeliner products.
As well, eyeliners may contain toxic coal tar colors such as FD&C Yellow 5. Phenoxyethanol and propylene glycol, which are in liquid eyeliners as emulsifiers, can irritate skin. Eyeliners also often contain parabens — methylparaben, butylparaben and propylparaben, preservatives that can disrupt the human endocrine system. BHA, another common preservative in eyeliners, is a probable carcinogen that can be absorbed through the skin.
While most eyeliner products can be harmful to your health, as per usual, there are natural ingredients that can be used to make simple DIY products that can easily replace harsh toxic products and ingredients.
Coconut Oil has numerous benefits for skin and is also the perfect base for many all natural DIY skin and hair recipes. As more people become concerned with products containing harmful ingredients such as parabens, sulfates, and other additives, coconut oil provides a completely unadulterated option.
Why is coconut oil good for your skin?
- Saturated fats: These substances retain existing moisture in the skin cells and prevent further loss through the pores.
- Vitamin E: You probably know that this antioxidant nutrient promotes skin growth, smoothness and repair, is considered one of the best anti-aging ingredients around.
- Lauric acid, caprylic, capric: These fatty acids work as antimicrobial and disinfectant agents, and therefore protect your face from the pollutants of just being outside.
- Proteins: While coconut oil isn’t a complete protein, it does contain 17 of the 20 amino acids that do. That makes it suitable for keeping skin rejuvenated and healthy.
What are you waiting for? Try this DIY coconut oil charcoal eye liner today!
JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM