Just because they have paws and a wet nose doesn’t mean they can’t enjoy coconut oil too. If you love your dog, you should consider adding coconut oil to their regimen.
Studies are showing coconut oil for dogs have immense benefits not just in a shiny coat, but in their overall health as well.
Top 10 Health Benefits of Coconut Oil For Dogs
1) Coconut oil is great for your hair. So why not the pooch? Shine up the coat and ditch the fleas.
2) It’s a great moisturizer, working internally & externally for healthy skin.
3) Apply topically to promote healing of cuts, wounds, hot spots, bites, or beat up paw pads.
4) Coconut oil for dogs are in fact an antibacterial and anti-fungal so it naturally combats stinky mutts.
5) Coconut oil for dogs helps aid and improve digestion.
6) Toothpaste. What your dog doesn’t brush their teeth? Weird!
7) It can help balance insulin levels and promote normal thyroid function.
8) If your dog is on the treadmill new years resolution like the rest of us, coconut oil can help boost metabolism and can be a very effective addition to a weight loss or maintenance plan.
9) If old scout has a few miles on him, coconut oil can promote improved mobility in dogs with arthritis and other joint issues.
10) Pets typically really like coconut oil. They know what’s good for them. Except when they ate that entire loaf of bread.
*Remember to consult your veterinarian before making any dietary changes.