Kaizen is the practice of continuous improvement. It’s a way to apply certain rituals to your life which keep you grounded and focused on the meaningful. Each ritual for continuous self-improvement has a purpose that can be applied in many ways. So I encourage you to make your own and apply them to daily life. Kaizen is the Japanese word meaning “change for the better.” Our company’s mission is to “continually improve the lives and health of people, animals, and the planet with nourishment, balance, health, wellbeing, sustainability, and hope.” Kaizen is at the heart of who we are and our approach to benefiting the world through our products.
How to Practice Continuous Improvement with KaizenHere are ten rituals for continuous improvement and best practices that will help with the kaizen process.
- 1. Ritual of Solitude — set aside times of peace
- 2. Ritual of Physicality — care for the body, care for the mind
- 3. Ritual of Live Nourishment — nourish the body, nourish the mind
- 4. Ritual of Abundant Knowledge — lifelong learning and self-development
- 5. Ritual of Personal Reflection — think to thrive and improve daily
- 6. Ritual of Early Awakening — rise with the sun
- 7. Ritual of Music — bring joy into the body
- 8. Ritual of Spoken Word — mantras and affirmations
- 9. Ritual of Congruent Character — timeless virtues
- 10. Ritual of Simplification — focus only on the meaningful