It is the wonderful holiday season and many people are still looking for that awesome handmade gift idea. Perhaps you are looking for a great gift for your family, close friends, teachers or coworkers. Coconut oil can be used in so many ways and since it has so many benefits to our bodies, especially during the cooler winter months, handmade coconut oil gifts are perfect for those on your Christmas list.
Coconut oil is such an amazing and versatile product as it has so benefits to your body and skin. It rehydrates and quenches your body’s natural moisture, provides amazing nutrients and even helps aid in digestion and boosts metabolism. On top of that, coconut oil has been used for thousands of years and is so versatile that it can be used on the skin, hair, lips, teeth and in so many different ways. You probably have a few different products lying around the house that you use on a daily basis. Coconut oil could replace them all.
When thinking of a great handmade gift idea that won’t break the bank and you know others will enjoy, body scrubs are the perfect DIY option. Many times you already have most of the ingredients lying around the house and you can make them so easily and in many different ways.
Here are two body scrub recipes that we found and think would be awesome handmade coconut oil gift ideas!
Handmade Coconut Oil Gifts Perfect For Those On Your Christmas List
Of course you know we love coconut oil, and coffee is another thing that is pretty yummy. Both coffee and coconut oil are rich in antioxidants and very beneficial for the skin. Other coffee scrubs are known to help firm and smooth skin as well as exfoliate so adding coconut oil gives you that double punch! Here is an Organic Coconut Oil and Coffee Scrub we shared previously that we just adore!
If you are looking for another option for a coffee and coconut oil scrub, here is one with cinnamon that we found on Coconut Mama that is also perfect for any handmade gift idea! Here is how you make it:
This Coffee Body Scrub with Coconut Oil we found on Coconut Mama is perfect for any handmade gift idea! Here is how you make it:
• 1 cup ground organic coffee
• 1 cup organic coconut sugar
• ½ cup organic coconut oil
• ½ tablespoon cinnamon (optional)
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (optional)
1. Melt coconut oil and allow it to cool but not solidify.
2. Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight container or mason jar.
3. Use 1-2 times a week (or every day if you like).
Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub
When you use coconut oil body scrubs that you make on your own, one awesome thing is that you know exactly what products you are using on your skin. Sugar is great to include in body scrubs because it is a natural exfoliator and helps keep the skin feel silky smooth. It can be used on your hands to keep them from drying out, especially during the colder months. You can use it on your legs and feet to keep your skin smooth or even use while shaving.
This Homemade Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub we found on New Leaf Wellness is another great gift option to consider.
• ¼ cup granulated sugar (Use up to ½ cup if you want your scrub to have a more coarse, sand-like texture).
• ½ cup coconut oil
• 1 tablespoon citrus fruit zest (the juice from 1 piece of fruit such as grapefruit, lemon or orange)
• ½ teaspoon (about 50 drops) of citrus essential oil (optional)
1. Combine all ingredients. Do no heat coconut oil prior to mixing, as the hot oil will dissolve the sugar.
Another great handmade coconut oil gifts idea for the holiday season is coconut oil cookies, and we found a delicious and easy chocolate chip cookie recipe on Food Network! When you switch out your butter for coconut oil when baking coolies, you will find that the cookies will have a light color and taste simply delicious. And remember that coconut oil provides amazing nutrients, helps aid in digestion and boosts metabolism so it is a win-win!
Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies
• 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon fine salt
• ¾ cup virgin coconut oil
• ¾ cup granulated sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• One 12-ounce bag semisweet chocolate chips
• Position oven racks in the top and bottom thirds of the oven, and preheat to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
• Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Beat the coconut oil and both sugars with an electric mixer on medium-high speed in a second large bowl until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
• Add the eggs to the coconut oil mixture, one at a time, beating after each addition to incorporate; beat in the vanilla. Reduce the speed to medium, add the flour mixture, and beat until just incorporated.
• Stir in the chocolate chips.
• Scoop 12 heaping tablespoons of dough onto each prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Roll each into a ball with slightly wet hands.
• Bake until the cookies are golden but still soft in center, 12 to 15 minutes, rotating the baking sheets halfway through.
• Let cookies cool for a few minutes on baking sheets, then transfer them to a rack to cool completely.
Kapuluan Coconut is the perfect place to look if you are in need of organic coconut oil.
Shop now and see for yourself what for yourself what amazing benefits coconut oil has for your body and try out these handmade coconut oil gifts!